2019/2020 will be Marouane’s tenth season as club director and coach with Delaware United. Marouane has over 19 years of combined experience playing internationally and professionally and coaching at the high school, club, collegiate and university levels.
Marouane's ability to assess player skills and design technical training programs to increase those skills is a vital component in advancing players in their game. Possessing a deep understanding of NCAA rules and regulations as well as many college contacts, Marouane is well equipped to assist young players with the college recruiting process. He is constantly re-educating himself with innovative training techniques.
As a player Marouane was ranked number one in Morocco and was a champion of Morocco during his nine-year tenure with the Tihad Sport Volleyball Club (TSC). His TSC team won the Moroccan Cup (1995-1997, 1999-2001) and the Moroccan Super Cup (1996, 1998 and 2001). He is a three-time Moroccan player of the Year and was a Moroccan National Team Player from 1997-1999. As a National Team Player in the African Nations Cup Marouane’s team finished second among sixteen countries and he was awarded the fourth best player honors by the African Federation of Volleyball. Marouane played in the 1997 and 1998 African Nations Cup tournaments, finishing 4th and 3rd place respectively.
Assistant Coach, Moroccan Men’s Senior National Volleyball Team - 5/2015 - Present
Assist Head Coach with practice design and implementation. Analyze video and statistical data using Data Volley. Coordinate travel arrangements for players.
Assistant Coach, Women’s Volleyball, Eastern University, Wayne, PA - 8/2016 - Present
Assist Head Coach with practice design and implementation. Analyze video and statistical data-recruiting.
Assistant Coach, Women’s Volleyball, University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA -
8/2014 - 2016
Assist Head Coach with practice design and implementation. Analyze video and statistical data using Data Volley. Coordinate travel arrangements for players. Maintain pertinent records for recruitment of future players as well as current players.
Volleyball Instructor, Federation Royale Marocaine de Volleyball - 2014 - Present
Instruct men and women’s club and national team coaches in the methodologies of volleyball coaching.
USA Volleyball CAP Cadre and IMPACT Instructor, USA Volleyball - 2014 - Present
Instruct club and university coaches in CAP I, II & III and IMPACT courses based upon USA Volleyball curriculum.
• Phoenix, AZ CAP I & II December 2017
• Badger, Wisconsin CAP I & II December 2017
• Vernon Hills, Illinois CAP I, II & III August 2017
• Colorado Springs, Colorado CAP I, II & III February 2017
• York, Pennsylvania CAP I & II January 2017
• Greensboro, North Carolina CAP I & II December 2016
• Hockessin, Delaware CAP I & II December 2016
• Ft Walton, Florida CAP I & II November 2016
• Chicago, Illinois CAP I & II July 2016
• Dallas, Texas CAP I & II December 2015
• Milwaukee, Wisconsin CAP I & II December 2015
• Millersville, Pennsylvania CAP I & II December 2014
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma CAP I & II December 2014
• USAV High Performance 2013 - 2014 - 2015 -2016
Volleyball Instructor, Kinesiology, Temple University; Philadelphia, PA — 2011-2012
Taught a volleyball class within the Department of Kinesiology. Instructed Physical Education majors in the history of volleyball, technical development, rules and regulations, and basic and advanced fundamental skills. Provided grades in accordance with Temple University’s grading policies.
Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, Gwynned-Mercy College; Ambler, PA— 2007-2009
Assisted Head Coach in daily operations of all practices and games. Recruited high school
players in accordance of NCAA rules and regulations.
CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
• USA Volleyball
• USA Volleyball Impact Certified
• USA Volleyball Level I, II, III Coach
• USA Volleyball Cadre
• USA Volleyball Impact Instructor
• International Volleyball Federation (FIVB)
• Level I International Coach
• Level II International Coach
• CPR Certified
• Moroccan Volleyball Federation Member
• AVCA member